|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
This is a new article. As such is has been set to unassessed. It is classified as a stub, and categories require improvement. This article has been assessed as havingLow importance.
Good scope? Timeline? wikified? red links < 10? all red links fixed? referenced? Illustrated? Googled and added info? Checked 9/11 records archives? Checked Wikinews? Checked Wikisource?
|This article needs better categories. Please help out by fixing categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles.|
Lawrence Wright (born August 2, 1947) is a Pulitzer Prize -winning American author, screenwriter, staff writer for The New Yorker magazine, and fellow at the Center for Law and Security at the New York University School of Law . He is a graduate of Tulane University , and for two years taught at the American University in Cairo .
Wright is the author of six books, but is best known for his 2006 book, The Looming Tower: Al Qaeda and the Road to 9/11. A quick bestseller, The Looming Tower was awarded the J. Anthony Lukas Book Prize , the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction , and is frequently referenced by media pundits as an excellent source of background information on Al Qaeda and the September 11 attacks. The book's title is a phrase from the Quran : "Wherever you are, death will find you, even in the looming tower," which Osama bin Laden quoted three times in a videotaped speech seen as directed to the 9/11 hijackers.
- Remembering Satan: A Tragic Case of Recovered Memory. Vintage Books . 1995. ISBN 978-0-679-75582-1.
- The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11. Alfred A. Knopf . 2006. ISBN 978-0-375-41486-2.
- The Looming Tower Reviews at Metacritic
- AuthorViews video interview about The Looming Tower
- Audio of Paul Ingram Pardon Hearing
- Biography at lawrencewright.com
- Lawrence Wright Interview: Conversations with History; Institute of International Studies, UC Berkeley
- Reporting The Bin Laden Beat, Journalist Lawrence Wright Knows More About Al Qaeda's Leader Than Many CIA Operatives AUSTIN Sept. 9, 2007