8:41 a.m.-8:42 a.m. September 11, 2001: Flight 175 Reports ‘Suspicious Transmission’ Heard over Radio as It Departed Airport
in a template  This article has been assessed as havingUnknown importance.
Good scope? Timeline? + wikified? + red links < 10? all red links fixed? referenced? Illustrated? Googled and added info? Checked 9/11 records archives? Checked Wikinews? Checked Wikisource? Just after Flight 175 enters the airspace of the FAA’s New York Center [see 1], its pilot reports to Dave Bottiglia,the air traffic controller now managing the flight, a suspicious transmission he had heard on departing Logan Airport. The pilot, Captain Victor Saracini, tells Bottiglia:
Saracini is presumably referring to one of the three radio transmissions from Flight 11, where the voice of a hijacker could be heard [see 2]. However, none of these had included the hijacker telling people to stay in their seats, as Saracini describes, although the second and third transmissions included the hijacker telling the passengers, “Nobody move.”  Bottiglia responds: “Oh, okay. I’ll pass that along.” Referring to the fact that this was the end of the transmission he heard, Saracini adds, “It cut out,” and then asks Bottiglia, “Did you copy that?”   This is the last radio transmission from Flight 175.
The 9/11 Commission will conclude that the plane is hijacked within the next four minutes [see 3]. According to author Lynn Spencer, since controllers are only given information on a need-to-know basis, Bottiglia was unaware there were problems with Flight 11, which has not yet entered his airspace. He touches his computer screen to connect to the hotline for his sector controller[who?], and then reports:
- NEW YORK TIMES. 10/16/2001. http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/16/national/16FLIGHT175-TEXT.html.
- 9/11 Commission Report,26 July 2004,Page 21
- Lynn Spencer (2008). Touching History:The Untold Story..... PP 36
- 9/11 Commission Report,26 July 2004,Page 19
- GREGOR (12/21/2001). "Air Traffic Control Report United Airlines Flight 175". NTSB. [dead link]
- Lynn Spencer (2008). Touching History:The Untold Story..... PP 36-37
- 9/11 Commission August 2004 Staff report,26 August 2004,Page 20
<ref> tags exist for a group named "see", but no corresponding
<references group="see"/> tag was found, or a closing
</ref> is missing